The Town of Southwick Fire Department – a progressive Fire Department located in Southern Western Massachusetts is accepting applications for a full time Captain – Firefighter/Paramedic. This is a working Captain position responding to fire and EMS calls in addition to the day to day operations of the fire department under the direction of the Fire Chief.
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Valid MA driver’s license
- Possess and maintain Massachusetts Paramedic certification
Candidate must have:
- Firefighter I/II certification
- A minimum of 5 years structural firefighting preferred
- 911 Paramedic experience preferred
- 3 + years in a fire service supervisory role preferred
- ALS or EMS coordinators experience a plus
Consideration given for balance of experience, service volume, and qualifications.
Finalist will be required to complete a medical examination/drug screening, CORI, and extensive background check including psychological test, and other assessments as deemed necessary. Successful candidates shall also be responsible for passing the Commonwealth of Massachusetts fire physical abilities test (PAT). Employment will be contingent upon the results of these examinations, tests and screenings.
Southwick Fire Department currently works a 12 hr. / 4 on 4 off schedule.
Salary range $61,500 – $69,800 based on 42 hour week
The Town of Southwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a resume cover letter and application by October 30th to Southwick Fire Department, Chief Russ Anderson, 15 Depot Street Southwick MA 01077